Sunday, July 31, 2011

Acts 7:55

55 But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.

In this verse I see hope. You see that stephen is on trial, and he has made these people so angry that they are ready to kill him. In the middle of this, the verse mentions that he looked up to heaven and  saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. I can not even imagine how much hope and peace this gave Stephen. When I go through trials I always want to fix everything on my own. This almost always ends up with me getting angry and frustrated with the fact that I can not fix it, which usually makes the problem even worse. What I instead need to do is look to Jesus with all problems and rest in the hope that he promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment