Sunday, July 31, 2011

Acts 7:56

56 And he said, "Behold, I see the Heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Stephen, in the midst of his trial which will soon lead to his death, has a vision of the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. If I were to put myself in Stephens shoes I would be stressed out and praying asking God to let this be as quick and painless as possible. This vision however, is so powerful to Stephen that it would appear that it is the only thing that he cares about. This verse reminds me of  a time when God made himself known in my life. When I look back at this I tend to take it for granted and in fact even think that God owed it to me.  I believe that God is all knowing, all powerful and in fact King of the Universe. The fact that this King would make Himself known in my life in such a peronal and powerful way should be something that I remember day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment