Sunday, September 18, 2011

luke 17:6

Luke 17:6

And the Lord said, "if you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you."

As we are now only weeks away from being on the mission field this verse really speaks to me. Since we are so close to leaving, whenever I talk to people back home the questions that I get the most are about the trip, these incude whether I have enough money or I am just mentally prepared. I don't have a problem with these questions, in fact I like talking about the things that are going on in my life. However these questions do get to me in some ways. As I start to think about it I realize that I am not as prepared as I could be mostly because I can not prepare everything. However this verse shows me how much simply having faith in Jesus Christ can do. My application for today is to not let a single thought about the trip stress me out but to have faith that he is preparing me as much as is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment