Sunday, August 14, 2011

Acts 12:6


Acts 12:6
6 Now when Herod was about to bring him out, on that very night, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries before the door were guarding the prison.
If I had to describe this picture in one word it would be impossible. Herod has obviously thought about everything, not only is Peter bound with chains but he is sleeping between two guards and there are guards watching the outside of the prison, it seems that it would be impossible for Peter to get out of this situation. Well in the next verse we get a nice picture of how big our God is. He helps Peter get out of prison by sending an angel to guide him out. It always amazes me to think that God cares this much for each individual person. In my life I have always had a hard time thinking that God is this involved in our lives. Since I have been at Potters Field I can feel God has been working on my confidence in his love. Philippians 1:6 says "And I am sure of this that, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." This is a verse that I have read many times but has never really clicked in my head until yesterday. The same God who got Peter out of a situation that seemed impossible to get out of promises here that he will bring my life to  completion therfore I see nothing to worry about. This is a verse that I should not forget but to have it be one that I dwell on.

No comments:

Post a Comment