Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mark 8:36


36: For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?

It looks here like Jesus is asking a rhetorical question. Obviously there is not profit if you forfeit your soul, in other words forfeit eternal life for the things of this world. It seems simple when we are asked this question straight forward. Although we are asked this question daily even in the little things and I so often choose to forfeit my soul. This is a verse that I should ask myself with each step of the day, asking myself if I am going the way of Jesus or trying to gain the world piece by piece.

1 comment:

  1. So true - this is a question we answer moment by moment. I love how you brought it "home", to the daily, practical level. How different we would live if we had this question in perspective each moment of our days!

    ReplyDelete