Monday, August 29, 2011

Romans 12:10


10: Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Proverbs 18:24 "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer then a brother."  I think that by saying brotherly affection Paul means being brothers in Christ which is much closer then I often think of when we think of our actual brothers and sisters.  John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. Jesus loved us by not only giving up His life but doing it in a horribly graphic way. Beat to the point of not even being able to tell that He was a man. Not only that but he had the weight of all of our sins on his soldiers. Jesus didn't have a bad mind set about this instead he asked the Father to forgive us. All through out the new testament Jesus talks about the importance of loving people even to the point of saying it is the second greatest commandment. On the outside I can do this well, but once I realize what I actually think about people I realize how I do not have the same mind set of Christ. I was a middle school leader this last year and one of my favorite parts was watching how innocent they were. These kids get alog so well because they are not picking apart everything about each other.

Application: I have come to realize that I can catch my thoughts but that is about the extent of what I can do. All of these thoughts come from a heart problem. I pray that I can have a heart like Christ, loving every person for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment