Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mark 8:38


38: For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him also will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the Holy angels.

This verse says a couple different things to me. The first thing that sticks out is the fact that he talks about how he is coming back and this gives me hope because it reminds me of Revelation 21:1-7. The second thing that stands out is how I am no longer ashamed of Him but that is not by my own doing it is because He has called and shown Himself to me. It amazes me that we serve a God who wants to help me come to Him. The application today is a little different, it is in fact to keep in mind that we win in the end but also to remember that all the Glory belongs to him because it is not my own doing.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful point...our God desires to HELP us to know Him. there is no other "god" in all of history who cared for his own in that way. Our God not only loves us, but HELPS us with every step...why then do we fear so often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you pointed out that he IS coming back, and we need to be awake and ready!

    ReplyDelete