Sunday, August 14, 2011

Acts 12:7


Acts 12:7

7: And behold, an angel of the Lord stood next to him, and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him, saying, "Get up quickly." And the chains fell of his hands.

This is a great picture of how God holds everything in his hands. We saw in the last verse how much Herod guarded Peter, yet this angel gets to Peter without being seen and then he wakes Peter up and the chains fall off his hands. I know that if I was Peter I would be sitting there constantly thinking about how I could get out of this situation, then when the angel showed up I would be dissapointed that I did not trust in God more. I know I would act this way, because I do this on a day to day basis. Whenever even the smallest problem comes up instead of trusting the Lord to guide me through it, I think about how I can fix it it.

Application: We had a guest speaker this last week and he said "The Lord is always talking it is just up to us to listen." From now on when I face even the smallest trial I would like to wait on the Lord to get me through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment