Sunday, August 14, 2011

Acts 12:8


8: And the angel said to him,"dress yourself and put on your sandals." And he did so. And he said to him, "wrap your cloak around you and follow me."

Peter is woken up by an angel striking him on the side. The angel then tells Peter to dress himself and to put on his sandals. Peter does this obediently without a question. I am not sure about other people but I know that when I get woken up in a way that is not overly nice I get in a bad mood. In fact sometimes just the sound of the alarm clock will put me in a bad mood. Then on top of that if someone were to start telling me around as soon as I woke up I would probably not listen to them or just complain the whole time. Peter however just obeys. This verse makes me wonder if in my walk with God if I get a awakening will I still be obedient holding Christ above everything? Will I still be joyful for the fact that I have Him?

Application: When I get that awakening I need to not hit my snooze button.

No comments:

Post a Comment